|Posted by [email protected] on April 6, 2018 at 8:55 AM|
NHS Glasgow Clyde & CVS Branch are concerned that our members are seeing many reports of, and comments on, current movements on NHS pay from other sources. We have therefore compiled this brief update to ensure that you are fully aware of the actual facts in relation to pay discussions:
• The Framework Agreement on pay and proposed reform of Agenda for Change dated March 21st 2018 applies to England only. It does not apply to Scotland.
• UNISON is the only trade union that has lodged a specific pay claim with the Scottish Government.
• UNISON’s pay claim remains to be one that is higher than inflation and not only is a real pay increase for our members but begins to reclaim money not paid to our members over the past seven years.
• UNISON have met with the Scottish Government twice in the last week to discuss our Scottish pay claim and we will be meeting them again on March 26th.
• It was less than nine months ago that the Government was saying that their policy of a 1% public sector pay cap would remain in place until at least 2020. The last pay offer for this year pay had increased the offer to 3%, proof that UNISON’s Pay Up Now campaign was proving a major success.
• The Scottish Government promised hard working staff that the pay award would be in people’s pockets by April 1st but have now reneged on that. When final agreement is reached the pay award will be backdated to April 1st but we know our members need that money now, not when the Government can be bothered to get around to paying it.
• UNISON is led by our members and it is our members who will decide the way forward. Therefore when UNISON has concluded negotiations with the Scottish Government members will then decide whether they accept an offer or not.
• It is UNISON who have forced the Scottish Government to triple their original pay offer this year, it is UNISON who will continue to fight for and campaign for Fair Pay in the NHS.
If you want to be a member of the trade union that drives up pay in Scotland and the trade union that the Scottish Government know they have to listen to and negotiate with, then UNISON is the trade union for you.
Get involved and support the pay claim and become part of the UK’s biggest union at www.joinunison.org